Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 23, 4/17/09 -- Worst. Helium. Transfer. Ever.

Today, work continued (what else?). We drilled some holes in the gondola to mount the protection hardware, Dan and Hannes started doing calibration experiments. Michele did some work on the rotator to add a tilt-meter and a connector for the slip-ring.

Of course, it being Friday, we went to the hamburger stand for catfish and shrimp -- and this time, I took my camera!

The highlight -- or lowlight -- of the day was our comical attempt to try and get the last remaining little bits of liquid helium out of the two dewars we had left. Basically, it didn't work. Luckily, our new 500L dewar to replace the empty ones we got yesterday showed up during our attempts to fill -- perfect timing. We just gave up on the little bits we had left (it wasn't going well anyway) and went whole hog with the new arrival. Much easier.

Pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/asad137/EBEXInNewMexico041709#

No comments:

Post a Comment